About Me

I'm just trying to get back to the basics. Fun, Food, Family and Nature. I want my family to respect nature, appreciate what they have and be as healthy as possible. No, we are not giving up our computers and televisions (I'm not crazy) but we are going to try to live healthier and do more for ourselves. We already hunt, fish, and do limited gardening (due to a lack of yard space). Now ... How can I push it further?

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Pizza


LOW CARB CHICKEN ALFREDO PIZZA

This was so awesome. The crust was thin and crispy, easy to hold and flavored with garlic. I used an alfredo sauce from a jar for this one (Newman's Own), but next time I think I will make my own homemade. It was so good even my kids wanted some. Usually they hear the words low carb and turn their noses up. Thanks to Jamie at Your Lighter Side for the pizza crust recipe. This Cauliflower crust really rocks.

So ... Here's how to do it ...

First make the Cauliflower pizza crust found here ...

When your crust is done and cooled off add 1/2 a cup of alfredo sauce, 3 oz. cooked diced chicken breast, 1/4 cup sauteed diced onion and 1 cup shredded mozzarella.
Put in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
Enjoy!!!

I sprinkled mine with Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning and some parsley flakes. I also used the same seasoning in the crust mix.


Nutrition info for entire pizza:
Calories - 993
Fat - 67g
Carbs - 24g
Fiber - 3.5g
Protein - 81g

Makes 8 slices @ 2.56 net carbs per slice.
Nutrition info will vary according to the brands you use, so adjust accordingly.

The crust held up really well to all the heavy toppings!!!
Once I ate that big piece of chicken off the end it was perfect!!!

1 comment: