About Me

I'm just trying to get back to the basics. Fun, Food, Family and Nature. I want my family to respect nature, appreciate what they have and be as healthy as possible. No, we are not giving up our computers and televisions (I'm not crazy) but we are going to try to live healthier and do more for ourselves. We already hunt, fish, and do limited gardening (due to a lack of yard space). Now ... How can I push it further?

Friday, October 28, 2011

Homemade Peanut Butter


Smooth, Creamy and Yummy!!

This is what Peanut Butter is all about. All natural and healthy. Plus, it's really low carb.


This is just too easy to make. No more store bought peanut butter for us. This version is extra creamy and smooth, but a few more peanuts and it can be as thick or chunky as you like it. Personally, I prefer it this way though.


16 oz. or 3 & 1/4 Cups whole peanuts
2 tsp.. Coconut Oil (I use Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil)
3 tsp. sugar free sweetener ( I use 3 drops of EZ-Sweetz)

Throw everything into your food processor or Ninja and whip it up until it's the desired consistency.
Makes 1 & 1/2 Cups. Store in refrigerator.
Yes, it's just that simple!!!

Nutrition info per Tablespoon:
Calories - 110
Fat - 9.38g
Carbs - 2.92g
Fiber - 1.88g
Net Carbs - 1.04g
Protein - .33g

No comments:

Post a Comment