About Me

I'm just trying to get back to the basics. Fun, Food, Family and Nature. I want my family to respect nature, appreciate what they have and be as healthy as possible. No, we are not giving up our computers and televisions (I'm not crazy) but we are going to try to live healthier and do more for ourselves. We already hunt, fish, and do limited gardening (due to a lack of yard space). Now ... How can I push it further?

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!!!
No trick-or-treating this year because the girls are getting too old for that (in my opinion anyway), so we just cooked up some creepy fun in the kitchen and had our own little celebration at home. Yes, I'm a bad mom and bought them some candy...lol. But, Holidays are for having fun and splurging a little on some not so naturally healthy treats. Most of our feast was low carb and healthy though. So here are the pictures of our Spook Feast.

This Pumkin nearly got the best of me. At 3 & 1/2 inches thick I was ready to get the power tools out...LOL

This one was a little easier to carve.
Andrea's Half finished masterpiece.

Because this pumpkin was so thick my daughter decided to just carve a design into it
.

I don't care much for pumpkin seeds but my daughters make me roast them every year.

Mmmm ... Deviled eyeballs

Our little celery dudes

Hot dogs and Saurkraut

Bloody bat wings (chicken wings with hot sauce)

Monster Toes (crescent wrapped lil smokies)

Low Carb Root Beer Float made with whipped cream not ice cream

Frozen cream cheese and sugar free oreo Rocks

Extremely low carb witches fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment