About Me

I'm just trying to get back to the basics. Fun, Food, Family and Nature. I want my family to respect nature, appreciate what they have and be as healthy as possible. No, we are not giving up our computers and televisions (I'm not crazy) but we are going to try to live healthier and do more for ourselves. We already hunt, fish, and do limited gardening (due to a lack of yard space). Now ... How can I push it further?

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Peanut Butter Almond Flour Pancakes


Weekend mornings call for more than just the usual quick breakfast. Right?


Lately I've been experimenting in the kitchen with almond flour because I always have so much dehydrated almond pulp left over from making almond milk. I started thinking ... Pancakes. Then I can use some of my home made Green Tomato Strawberry Jelly (inspired by an abundance of green tomatoes that were going to freeze). I try finding a way to use everything...LOL. OK, traditional pancakes use flour, eggs, milk and sugar. I can almost do that. I have almond flour, eggs, heavy whipping cream, sugar sub ... and peanut butter ... perfect with a jelly topping. I just threw the almond flour in the Ninja and ground it into a powder, then tossed everything else in and whipped it up really good. The batter is thick, if you can pour it into the pan it's too thin.


Here's what I used:

1 Cup Almond Flour (ground into powder)
2 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (I used my own homemade)
3/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
3 drops EZ-Sweetz (equivilant to 1 Tbs. Sweetener)


Maybe you noticed, I like to keep things simple.

Depending on the peanut butter you use you may need more or less heavy whipping cream. Add the cream last and use 1/4 cup at a time. The batter should be thick and just before the point of being pourable. Melt a little butter in your pan and scoop 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Flatten and spread out to about 4 inches round with back of spoon. Flip when bottom of pancake is brown and cook other side. I cook mine over a medium high heat. Makes 6 Pancakes.


Nutrition Info per Pancake

Calories - 233
Fat - 16.37
Carbs - 5.75
Fiber - 3.25
Net Carbs - 2.5
Protein - 6.54

Nutriton info based on the brands I use.



No comments:

Post a Comment