About Me

I'm just trying to get back to the basics. Fun, Food, Family and Nature. I want my family to respect nature, appreciate what they have and be as healthy as possible. No, we are not giving up our computers and televisions (I'm not crazy) but we are going to try to live healthier and do more for ourselves. We already hunt, fish, and do limited gardening (due to a lack of yard space). Now ... How can I push it further?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Blooming Tea


 I've always liked tea. But growing up all I ever knew about tea was that it came in this neat little bag that you dropped into a cup and covered with hot water for a few minutes. Dunking it up and down in the water by the little string that was attached to it was amusing and kind of fun.








Eventually I discovered loose leaf tea. You know, the kind that you put into the little enclosed metal spoon that has all these little holes in it, or the mesh screen type (these are called tea infusers). That too was fun for awhile. Until I learned that I could use loose leaf tea in a pot like a coffee maker. Mrs. Tea was the brand I bought. Well ... Now I could make a couple of cups at a time. Woohoo. But, soon the novelty wore off once again.



 
Trying to keep my tea experience interesting I searched the web for new ideas. I finally came upon a new kind of tea a few years ago and have been in love ever since. Blooming Tea!!!

WTF? I can watch my tea bloom into a flower? What can you possibly do to make tea more interesting? Nothing. At least nothing that I know about.



These things are amazing!! Or ... Maybe I'm just easily amused :)


As you can see it starts out as this little boring ball of dried leaves. Nothing cool about that. But, pour some hot water over it and within a few minutes it starts to bloom right in front of you. The variety of teas is very extensive so you can see a new bloom every time you want tea.

The pictures here are taken every few minutes to show you the growing process.

So, if you are bored to death with tea bags and need a change try the blooming teas. A quick Google search will find you lots of results. They taste great and are fun to watch. The one in the pictures is Green Tea with fresh Jasmine. Now ... I'm off to find some Primal friendly cookies to go with my tea.

1 comment: