About Me

I'm just trying to get back to the basics. Fun, Food, Family and Nature. I want my family to respect nature, appreciate what they have and be as healthy as possible. No, we are not giving up our computers and televisions (I'm not crazy) but we are going to try to live healthier and do more for ourselves. We already hunt, fish, and do limited gardening (due to a lack of yard space). Now ... How can I push it further?

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Resolution


How many of you plan on making a New Year Resolution (again) this year? We've all done it. I'm going to lose weight. I'm going to quit smoking. I'm going to volunteer more. Yada yada yada.... The list of peoples resolutions could go on forever. Now ... How many of you actually succeeded at keeping those resolutions? Wait!! Did I just see most of your hands drop back down. Yep, mine went down too. I have failed to keep almost every resolution I've ever made. Sure, I start out strong. Mind made up to do it this time. I usually make a pretty good effort at first and feel pretty good about it. Then reality sets in and will power fails. After that it's all downhill. My self esteem and pride follow my will power right down the drain. Last year my resolution was not to make any resolutions. Do we all see how that one was a fail right from the start? Well, this year I've got it all figured out. Hmmm...How is that? I don't need one set goal to aim for. My resolution this year is (drum roll please) TO MAKE NEXT YEAR BETTER THAN THIS YEAR!!! It doesn't matter how. As long as I try hard and something improves I have succeeded. How hard can that be? I guess I will find out. Some people might think that this is the chickens way out, but think about it, the possibilities are endless. I will not be limited to only one possible way to succeed this time. I can succeed over and over all year long. So folks, that's it. I will be better next year than I was this year in any way I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment