About Me

I'm just trying to get back to the basics. Fun, Food, Family and Nature. I want my family to respect nature, appreciate what they have and be as healthy as possible. No, we are not giving up our computers and televisions (I'm not crazy) but we are going to try to live healthier and do more for ourselves. We already hunt, fish, and do limited gardening (due to a lack of yard space). Now ... How can I push it further?

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011

"Don't let the past stand in the way of the future".

It's time to bid farewell to 2011. So long old year, it's been fun, but it's time for me to move on.


2011 was by no means a banner year for me, but it wasn't my worst year either. I think I learned more last year about myself and my beliefs than I ever have before. I have a much better idea of where I want my life to go and how I want to live.  I have also formulated a rough sketch of how to get there.

Some great things happened in 2011. I realized that I was my own worst enemy and feeling sorry for myself was getting me nowhere. So I stepped up and took responsibility for my own actions instead of blaming life in general. I started eating better and lost 38 lbs of unhealthy me. I started growing and preserving my own foods as much as I possibly could. I bought a goat, some ducks and some chickens which not only provides my family with healthy foods but gives me a reason to get up off my butt and do something that makes me feel good inside. I started this blog, which not only gives me a way to vent but lets me share my journey to a happier life and hopefully gives people ideas to help them too. I discovered that procrastination is just a way to be lazy. And mostly ... I decided that I will be happy!!!

I also decided not to make any resolutions for this new year because it's too much like a promise. It's too restrictive and the disappointment when you don't succeed is too much of an ego/pride sucking monster. Nobody needs that. Instead, I have a list of wishes for the new year. We all know that not all our wishes will be granted and just stay hopeful that someday they might. Hope is much better than disappointment.

Sooooo, Here's to hoping that 2012 is better than 2011. May all your wishes be granted, and if they aren't, don't give up hope. Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity to make your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment