About Me

I'm just trying to get back to the basics. Fun, Food, Family and Nature. I want my family to respect nature, appreciate what they have and be as healthy as possible. No, we are not giving up our computers and televisions (I'm not crazy) but we are going to try to live healthier and do more for ourselves. We already hunt, fish, and do limited gardening (due to a lack of yard space). Now ... How can I push it further?

Monday, September 26, 2011

My latest Brainstorm


In my quest to eat healthier and more natural I thought it would be a good idea to raise ducks for their eggs. Eventually I will get around to raising some for eating, along with some geese and chickens, but these are our pets and just for eggs. We go out to my friends farm every day and feed and clean them. My daughters pick them up and hug them and kiss them and talk to them (OK, I'm guilty of showing them affection too). The gray one is named Glitter, the one out front is named Pickles, and the baby in the back is Mya duck (get it?) They probably won't produce any eggs until next year but watching them grow up is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment